Thursday, May 1, 2014

It's Official!

Three is the magic number

Today is essentially like our third date-- which makes things a big deal. At this point, there's no turning back from this project that I've started. One is chance, two is coincidence, but three makes this all for real.

 It's occurred to me lately that there are a lot of people out there that are not particularly fond of me, and perhaps people don't like this blog... As a relatively naive 19 year old girl, I had one immediate response that can only be defined as such:

The Office is easily my guilty pleasure, my "go-to" show, my pick-me-up on a rainy day. My love for this show is unreal. As is my love for Jim and Pam.


That response was quickly followed by a vastly different response. 

On an unrelated note, I'm pretty sure if I took one of those tests on Facebook to tell me what my "spirit animal" is, I'm about 95% sure that my results would say Tina Fey.




These are the only two responses that I'm able to comprehend when people don't like me-- it's a hard life, but I like to think it's understandable. So, now maybe if you're unsure about this whole blog thing I'm doing, maybe if you get to know me, you'll like me more!

1. Dogs are better than cats-- no questions
2. When you make a commitment, you make a commitment
     There's no task too big that can't be overcome, because everyone is going through their own
     hardships, and that doesn't give you the right to bail. On anything. Ever.
3. Own your shit.
     This is one that tears me apart! People make mistakes all the time, and I completely understand
     that. But my problem stems from when people act like they haven't caused any problems. I can
     think of a couple different situations-- but that's not important.

The important thing is, even though some people don't respond well to this ideology, I know I'm getting things done, and surrounding myself with those that lift me higher, and that puts me one step closer to becoming the person that I want to be.

This post is a bit of a jumble, but I again hope this doesn't scare anyone away. Because like I've said, there's something beautiful about being messy, and saying things as they are.

So, for whoever is reading this, I hope you stick around, because I'm only getting started. Things might get more messy, but they might also become vastly more beautiful.




No comments:

Post a Comment